Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Blogging strike is over

My blogging strike is over. The Raptors won Sunday afternoon against the Miami Heat, a team picked by many to win the NBA championship. I would like to thank everyone for their support during this blog stoppage. Although, many of you did not foresee the Raptors winning in the near future, during these tumultuous times, we Raptors fans remained strong, always believing that a win would happen soon. The president of the worlds largest economy once said:
"And I am an optimistic person. I guess if you want to try to find something to be pessimistic about, you can find it, no matter how hard you look, you know?" Washington, D.C., June 15, 2004 [George W Bush]
I hope that I have not lost you as a reader during this strike, I will promise to deliver the useless dribble thrown in with a serious post here and there. I have many stories to report that should catch your interest. I hope you will tune in, same blog website, some blog time during the day.

3 comments:

Faray said...

Being optimistic is one thing..
and quoting "BUSH" is another.
lol

Ozair said...

I find bushisms a good remedy from a tough work or school day. It gives us all hope to succeed in whatever we do when we hear the president of the United States say what he does.

Ozair said...

Saira, glad you enjoyed the bushisms. Given your technical writing background, you must cringe at the lack of grammar in his sentences.

I believe our Canadian leaders do a decent job of representing Canada. We do have a strong education system in this country; I would hope that also reflects on our leaders. I agree with you on Bono, (even Michael Moore) who both wanted Paul Martin voted in. It shows a lack of respect for the Canadian people when others tell us how to vote. Sadly, many of us do not make informed voting decisions.

Our parents will always sing the praises of Pierre Trudeau, a person who opened up the doors of immigration. It is one of the reasons why desi’s always tend to vote Liberal. With the upcoming election, it will be interesting to see how things play out. Personally, I am not happy with the direction that our current government is going in.