Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blogging strike


UPDATE (Nov. 19, 5:00PM): The strike continues, the Raptors lost their 9th game in a row. No end seems in sight.

I have been a huge basketball fan since I was a little boy, dunking on my friends in their drive-ways (basketball net played-on was 8 feet high). Some might even say I was a local basketball prodigy, but I decided not pursue my dream. I remained a basketball fans throughout these years, unfortunately, I happened to be a Toronto Raptors fan. The Raptors just lost their 7th game in a row. They have yet to win a game this year. I am becoming increasingly frustrated. Other than the play of Jose Calderon, everyone else has been playing poorly. The Raptors have been playing poorly for the last 3 seasons. I used to blame Vince Carter for all the teams problems, but that cry-baby is gone, there should be no more excuses.

You hear in the news about people going on a hunger strike to protest against a cause, but since I did the fasting thing last month, I decided that I needed to express my frustration in a different way.

I have decided not to blog (no new posts, I will still comment) until the Raptors win a game. This win could happen on Wednesday night, next week, next month, who knows. However, it is time something needs to be done and the fans need to speak out. I hope you can all support me in my efforts.

13 comments:

Whuzza said...

Wow, what would I do from now until June? :D

Yousra said...

Now that you won't be blogging for a while, this should give you more time to take me shopping. Hooray!

Anonymous said...

i cant believe your doing this. AND VC IS THE MAN!!

Junaid said...

Very creative. Good luck to all Raptors fans.

Anonymous said...

good luck to the raptors to ozair who play boston, miami and phoenix over the weekend

Ozair said...

Thanks everyone for their support.
The Raptors are now 0-8 and no end seems in sight. This strike may take longer than I expected.

I may have to start an alternative blog if the Raptors don't win anytime in the near future; to saisfy my blogging urges.

p.s. comments are still allowed in my blogging strike.

Faray said...

:D blogging is so addictive.
I myself found it a very humbling experience. LOL

omair quadri said...

Raps lost to the Celtics tonight. 0-9 now. You might as well just give up because I could see them go winless all season.

Ozair said...

Omair,

As odd as it sounds, I don't think the Raptors are as bad as their record. The record for most losses to start a season is 17. I have a feeling they will win one soon, just not in the next few games (Miami, Phoenix)

Junaid said...

Emerge from your embarrassment with head held high.

Raptors won today. Especially sweet that it was against Alonzo Mourning, I think.

Ozair said...

Yes Junaid, the Raptors finally won, especially against Alonzo Morning, who stole 10 million of the Raptors dollars. I wished someone paid me 10 million to go away, I have annoyed many people in my life :)

-Hasan said...

do it again, do it again! for win number two...

Ozair said...

I sympathize with the Toronto Raptors, in every competitive sport I have ever played, I have been part of a losing program. If they lose the next 5 games, I think I will need to take some action again.