Monday, February 6, 2006

Moments

mo·ment (mō'mənt)

n. A brief, indefinite interval of time.

We all have those special moments that we will remember for the rest of our lives. These moments can be short, long, happy or sad. Usually, it'’s the joyous personal moments that we remember, being it a birth of a loved one, graduating from university, or your wedding day. Your probably wondering what I am driving at with all this moment talk, is he SAD?

I was simply touched by this poem while watching the Toyota-Lexus commercial. Here is a brief snippet from the poem.
I Need A Moment. You Got A Moment? Wait A Moment. You Can Take A Moment. Make A Moment. Spoil A Moment And If All The Stars Line In The Right Moment, That Moment Can Be Perfect. Moments Can Define You. Moments Can Delight You And Moments Can Change Your Life. Heres To The Moment And Squeezing All You Can Out Of Every Last Single One Of Them.
Think about what you were doing when huge moments occurred in your life, ignoring the personal moments for the time being. For our parent's generation, it was the first man on the moon. For some of us, we will remember where we were during the blackout that occurred a few years ago.

A moment that I will remember was on Sunday February 24, 2002. On this day, Canada won Olympic hockey gold by defeating the United States. Remember the moment that Wayne Gretzky ranted about how everyone wanted Canada to lose, the lucky loonie placed inside the ice rink by the Canadian ice-maker, or Mario Lemieux fake shot between the legs pass to Joe Sakic for a goal.

As the Turin Olympics approach in less than five days, lets just hope for another moment that we will all remember. Go Canada!

4 comments:

Junaid said...

Mario Lemieux fake shot between the legs pass to Joe Sakic for a goal.

That was the ultimate move. I don't think I've admired a hockey move as much as that one. Maybe it was just the nationalistic emotions...

Din said...

Junaid,

That "dummy" by Mario was what got me into following hockey. He is indeed the Imran Khan of hockey. :-P

Ozair said...

Junaid, I actually think now it was Paul Kariya who scored that goal, but I remember Joe Sakic had three goals that game.

Hammad ... calling Mario Lemiuex the Imran Khan of hockey will get you into trouble with hockey fundamentalists like me who will argue that Wayne Gretzky is the greatest hockey player I have ever seen. But, in true Canadian fashion, I will be diplomatic and accept your statement. It's probably not a good time anyways to be a Gretzky fan since his wife is now involved in a gambling scandal.

saqibs85 said...

I remember as a child when Ozair used to fight with me for no reason. I know realized he HATED ME :@