Sunday, February 26, 2006

Where you at ?

I have not blogged for some time now and am due for the
"No time to blog because I am too busy at work" apology
that we all point have used at one time. After spending an intense 8-10 hours staring at a computer screen at work, the last thing I want to do is go back onto the computer in the evening, hence no blogging. So, with excuses out of the way and nothing really insightful to say, I thought I vent for a bit.

I was away from home in a city south of Chicago for business. It was a draining week, here are my highs and lows during the week:

Monday: I had an awful time trying to find the customer site. I later realized that two buildings 10 minutes apart use the same address.

Tuesday: I wake up to find my rental car covered with frost and no ice scraper inside my car. Already tight on time, I do my best to clean the windshield with my hands and drive with half visibility. Kids, don't try this at home!

Wednesday
: Canada loses to Russia. At this point, I am willing to give up on the week and head home to grieve. My co-workers console me and I try to move on (it was really not that dramatic, but it makes for a good story).

Thursday
: Finally, some uplifting news when I discover Lake Shelbyville and a power plant on a local map near Springfield, IL. Could this really be the Springfield in The Simpsons?

Friday
: Arrive back home safely.

Let's see what the next week brings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lost your scraper? or not have one handy? ... or you just don't want to find it since you know Ozair can do it by hand anyway. That's rite. We have Ozair the new scraper man!

Anonymous said...

He always make claims that his snow shoveling speed is impressive .. I wanna see how well you do with your finger scraping with my car. This is from your friend with no plans of getting a scraper this winter season.