Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Vacation Withdrawal

The worst thing about a vacation is that it needs to end, but indeed all good things in life come to and end, so did my vacation. It was a wonderful break from the daily routines in life mainly the driving, waking up early and working.
I had the priviledge of visiting the wonderful cities of Boston and New York. Thanks to Bilal and Omair for their helpful travel ideas.

Boston is a wonderful city, I compare it to Quebec City except the English version. I was even able to pick up the Boston accent, which is basically not pronouncing the letter "r" in any words. In Boston, I did the whole museum scene, visiting the Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Science and Museum of Natural History. I also realized how cool animals are when I visited the New England Aquarium, thereafter, for some odd reason I had the urge to eat them so I ate seafood at the Seafood Legal restaurant in Quincy square. My favorite part of the trip was visiting historic Fenway park. It is an amazing baseball stadium with so much history (Offically became a Red Sox's fan). The last day in Boston I spent visiting Harvard university and MIT, where I chatted up with the smart rich students. Although, I still think that going to a Canadian university for your undergrad is the best value for higher education in the world.

Manhattan, New York is quite a remarkable city, many famous landmarks and interesting people. I learned that New Yorkers are quite open about their problems. Random people would start complaining to me about their in-laws. I just nod and listen, hoping they would leave me alone and not kidnap me. I visited the typical tourist spots in Manhattan such as Times Square, where I was almost dragged into the street show that was right next to a taping of a Bollywood movie. I tried walking into Radio city music hall without paying, but was denied. I posed as an investment banker on Wall street, but decided instead to chill out and eat Gyro's from a halal street vendor across from the New York stock exchange. I was able to practice my bargaining skills which every desi has inherited from their parents at Battery park. Other sites of note that I visited were the Chrysler building, World Trade center memorial, Central park, Ed Sullivan theatre, Statue of liberty, Empire state building, UN headquarter and The Producers Broadway show.

It has been tough to get back to work this week, as I miss being on vacation. Work is very different from vacation, as taking pictures of people writing code at work is not much of a tourist attraction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man, im soo jealous