Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And the winner is ...



The 2006 NHL playoffs begin this Friday, April 21st. These athletes will play some of the toughest 2 months of hockey in their life, all for the glory of the Stanley Cup.

In honour of the playoffs, I have made my picks in my first annual NHL Playoff "ozzies". As you go through these picks, you may be surprised as to the team I choose to win it all this year. Let's see how many of these picks I get right. Click on image for larger picture of my picks.


The San Jose Sharks are the hottest team in the playoffs, no two players in the league are playing better then Joe Thornton and Jonathan Cheechoo. Although the Ottawa Senators have not played well down the stretch, they are too good of a team to get upset in the first few rounds. However, I believe Peter Forsberg will work his magic and the Flyers will make it to the Stanley cup finals only to lose to the Sharks.

Let the games begin!

5 comments:

Din said...

I disagree!

The Flames ( Lahabs :P) will win an extra game this time and win the Stanley Cup INshah allah.

Ozair said...

Although I hope the Flames win it all, I think it will be difficult for them. Unlike last playoffs where no one was expecting anything from them, this year everyone knows they are a good team.

Let's hope for a Habs and Flames final .. ala 1988 finals.

Din said...

Well they won last night :-)

I hope the Oilers beat em Wings too.

Liam, where are you..need your expert opinion on the Habs..:-)

omair quadri said...

The Flyers are done. Got molested by Buffalo last night. Sabres will sweep.

Ozair said...

Although the Flyers won tonight, I do agree that Buffalo will probably beat them.

Best playoffs I watched in a long time ... playoff overtime, most exciting thing in sport.