Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ramadan Mubarak

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone who will begin fasting today, tomorrow, or Monday. The yearly "which day should we start" Ramadan questions encounters us again. I just hope too much time is not spent arguing with each other about the starting day (the arguments repeat every year) and instead focus on the month ahead.

Interestingly, I wrote a post last Ramadan on my current state and not much has changed. You can read it here again.

Below is a summary:

I think most Muslims agree that they suffer from the y=-x^2 imaan problem. Let me illustrate this point with the following graph. If you recall your basic grade 12 Math, you should notice this graph is an upside down parabola. It describes my imaan problem.



The y-axis represents my imaan level, and the x-axis represents the months in the year starting from the month of Ramadan. The first point on this graph represents my faith level level right-before Ramadan. As I progress through Ramadan, my faith level increases quadratically, until it hits its maximum level at the center of the graph when Ramadan ends. After Ramadan, my imaan level drops back down until Ramadan occurs again in the following year.

Inshallah (God-willing), I will take advantage of this month, do the good stuff and keep it up for the rest of the year. Who knows maybe next year I will use a different graph to illustrate my imaan level.

UPDATE (9/23/2006): My imaan level graph remains unchanged this year.

3 comments:

Yousra said...

Repeat comment: THIS IS GRADE 11 MATH!

Ali said...

Why is Ramadan as long as all the rest of the eleven months on the x-axis put together? And you call yourself a BMath!

Anyway, best wishes for a happy and blessed month.

omair quadri said...

Ozair, I see you have not updated your link to my new blog. Do it. Do it now!

http://omairquadri.blogspot.com